[Pymilter] pysrs - Preventing SRS if "From" address is local

fleece at compuserve.com fleece at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 15 19:32:26 EDT 2023

Note: sam at bob.net is not a real address for security reasons. I substituted the real address for the public forum post.

>>  # sign these domains using SRS in signing mode to prevent forged bounces
>>  sign = bob.net

> Is this what you are complaining about?

I'm not sure.  I need to sign emails coming TO bob.net FROM external hosts for users which forward to other external hosts using the sendmail virtusertable.  I do not need to sign email coming FROM bob.net and internal hosts.

Based on comment above m4 code, this is I am complaining about...

/usr/share/sendmail-cf/hack/pysrs.m4 (excerpt):

> # Prevent SRS encapsulation if "From" address is local
> # (With a local from address, the forwarder mail will pass any SPF checks
> # anyways, so why bother with SRS?)

It does not work due to some reason.  Perhaps I am confused about signing versus encapsulation.