Shadowland: Redemption: Week 25
Exodus 26: The Coverings, Boards, and Veil
The construction and furnishings of the Tabernacle are a model of
the heavenly sanctuary, and also speak of Christ.
- 26:2 The curtains are woven as 10 4 cubit wide strips 28 cubits
in length. White linen for purity,
- 26:3 They are sewn together to form 2 5 panel sections,
- 26:5 The two sections are joined at the center of the tabernacle with
50 loops and golden clasps. They reach Sinai 50 days after leaving
Egypt and Pentecost is 50 days after Passover - when the Holy Spirit
was given. The 50th year is a Jubilee, and Noah's ark was 50 cubits
wide and high.
- 26:7 Goat's hair wool was and still is standard Bedouin tent fabric.
Goats were used for the sin offering.
- 26:14 "ram skins" - rams were used for the substitutionary
atonement, as when the ram was found for Isaac.
"badger skins" - also translated sealskin. "He had no form
nor comeliness, and when we shall see Him there's no beauty
that we should desire him."
- 26:16 The frames width of 1½ cubits was not a whole number until joined
together - as we are joined together into one body. "Tenons"
is literally "hands".
- 26:25 Every firstborn Israelite male was to be redeemed with 5
shekels of silver. The foundation of the tabernacle was
redemption - literally made with the atonement money that redeemed
"...you will be redeemed without silver."
"But you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver
1 Peter 1:18
- 26:33 Hanging the veil under the clasps of the linen ceiling makes
the holy of holies 10x10x10 cubits - the proportions of the