Shadowland: Redemption: Week 32
Exodus 33: The Repentance of the People
- 33:3 "I will not go with you" - this was a conditional covenant,
and the people had flagrantly broken their end of it. So they
lose the sensible presence of God.
How often when we sin, we feel that God is distant and our prayers go
no further than the ceiling.
- 33:7 This tent outside the camp was a meeting place in lieu of
the tabernacle which had not yet been built.
- 33:12 At this point the tabernacle was canceled, for God would no
longer dwell with them. But Moses intercedes.
- 33:17 God was pleased to do what Moses asked as a friend.
In Christ, we call Him "Daddy", and ask as His children.
- 33:19 "I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious" - these are the
names of God that He will proclaim as He passes by.
- 33:20 "No one may see me and live" - compare 33:11