Shadowland: Beginnings: Week 45
- 40:1-3 "He was numbered with transgressors." Isaiah 53:12
- 40:8 "Do not interpretation belong to God?" - "For I have not spoken of
Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I
should say, and what I should speak." John 12:49.
- 40:13 "deliver Pharaoh’s cup into his hand" - the butler was also the
official wine taster to prevent poisoning Pharaoh.
- 40:14 "remember me" - "This do in remembrance of me"
- 40:19 "Cursed is he that hangs on a tree" Galatians 3:13
- 40:21-22 Of the two crucified with Jesus, one joined Him in paradise,
and one was cursed. The butler was saved by wine, representing
the blood of Christ. The baker was covered by
leavened bread (an Egyptian specialty) representing the
works of the flesh. The birds represent the Evil One snatching
away his work. Matthew 13
- 40:23 "but forgot Joseph" - it was not yet God's perfect time. Joseph
became Prime Minister at 30. David became King at 30. Jesus began
his ministry at 30. Joseph stayed ready for God to use him.