Shadowland: Beginnings: Week 52
In addition to foreshadowing Israel's future diaspora, Joseph is a picture
of the Christian's reconciliation to God.
- 45:1 The moment his brothers confess their sin, Joseph makes himself
known with no delay. 1 John 1:9 "Cause every man to go out from me" -
there can be no other mediator between the repentant sinner and Christ.
- 45:2 Why did Joseph, who had such emotional regard for family, not contact
Jacob after his rise to power?
- 45:13 "And you shall tell ... of all my glory in Egypt and of all you have
seen" - Matthew 28:18-20 the brothers are commissioned to tell of his
glory, and bring all the family of Joseph into his presence.
- 45:15 "He kissed all his brethren" - Luke 15:20 The kiss signifies
- 45:16 "It pleased Pharaoh well" - Luke 15:7,10,23 There is rejoicing in
heaven over one sinner that repents.
- 46:20 "Regard not your stuff, for the good of all the land of Egypt is
yours" Luke 18:29-30
- 45:24 "And don't quarrel on the way!" - 2 Timothy 2:24 The servant of God
must not quarrel.
- 45:26 At first, Jacob believed the lie, rather than the truth.
- 45:27-28 "the spirit of Jacob revived. Then Israel said" - Jacob
gets filled with the Spirit!
- 46:1 Israel's immediately gives glory to God.
- 46:3 "Fear not to go to Egypt." His inheritance is secure.
- 46:23 "Sons of Dan" - compare Numbers 26:42
- 46:27 "All the persons of the house of Jacob who went to Egypt were
seventy" - compare Acts 7:14 "75 souls".
- the 70 nations of Genesis 10 were separated
according to the number of the sons of Israel.