Shadowland: Beginnings: Week 55
The Death of Jacob
- 48:10,11 Israel physical eyes were dim, but God showed him Joseph's
- 48:14 Israel crosses his arms, seeing with spiritual eyes.
- 48:16 "let my name be upon them" - Israel adopts Ephraim and Mannasseh.
- 48:19 "I know it" - Israel saw perfectly well through the eyes of faith.
Unlike earlier times, Israel was in charge and walking by the Spirit.
- 48:22 "one portion more" - Shechem Joshua 24:32 and John 4:5, but
also a double portion by Israel adoption Ephraim and Mannasseh.
- 49:1 "what shall befall you in the last days" - prophecy follows.
See Deuteronomy 33
- 49:2 "sons of Jacob", "Israel your Father" - again with the two
names. Israel was walking in the Spirit, his sons in the flesh.
- 49:4 "thou shalt not excel" - no prophets, no kings, no judges.
Reubens numbers decrease between the two numberings in Numbers.
Reuben doesn't even take an inheritance in the land.
"unstable as water" - unreliable, like streams that spring up
in the desert and then disappear.
"father's bed" - Reuben tried to take his fathers place
prematurely. Who does that remind you of?
- 49:7 "divide in Jacob" - Joshua 19, "scatter in Israel" Joshua 18:7,