The Serpent and the Seed: Week 2
The Battle for Christmas
Genesis 4: Kill the seed
- 4:1 she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the
Lord. Eve thought Cain was the promised seed.
- 4:4-5 And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But
unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. It is now clear that Cain is
not the seed.
- 4:8 Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
- 1 John 3:12 "Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his
brother." Despite God's warning, sin masters Cain, and he becomes the Seed of the evil one. The first attempt to nip the seed in bud seems to have succeeded.
- 4:25 She bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath
appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Genesis 6: Corrupt the seed
Matthew 13:24-16 "An enemy sowed tares among the wheat."
John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the Devil."
- 6:2 the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they
took them wives of all which they chose. Whether Rosemary's Baby incidents
(see 6:4), or systematic breakdown of the family by unequally yoked marriages,
Satan was successful in corrupting all of mankind. Surely that would kill the seed.
- 6:7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the
face of the earth. The second attempt to destroy the seed seems to have
- 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. God chooses one man
to carry on the Seed, and once again, the serpent is thwarted.
The New World
- Genesis 10:22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud,
and Aram. Aram was the father of the Arameans, and the language of Assyria,
Babylon, and Persia. And Abram. Jews before the Babylonian captivity used a
"paleo-hebrew" that looked like Phoenician letters. (Which
inspired the other is a debate.) During their captivity, the Jews adopted
the Aramaic script, which evolved to the stylized squarish script used
in the Persian empire, still used by Jews today.
- 10:23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." Job 1:1
Genesis 11:1-9 Control the Seed
- 11:4 "lest we be scattered abroad" as God commanded. If he can't
wipe out the Seed, a totalitarian one world government might let Satan
control the Seed.
- 11:7 God disbands the 1st New World Order and scatters the inhabitants.
Genesis 11:10-12:3 Sterilize the Seed
- 11:10-27 The geneology of Abram. Again, God chooses one man, Abram,
to carry on the Seed.
- Acts 7:1-4 While living in Ur, God tells Abram to "get thee out of thy
country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee."
- 11:29 Abram gets married.
- 11:30 "But Sarah was barren." It's a little tenuous, but I think
this was an attack as soon as it was clear Abram was to carry on the Seed.
- 11:31 "They went forth from Ur of the Chaldees" to Haran.
God intervenes for Sarah to have a child well past menopause, at age 90.
Genesis 25 Sterilize the Seed
Isaac the heir of Abraham marries Rebeccah, but she is barren. What
a cooincidence, right? Will that trick work this time?
25:21 "And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and
the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebecca his wife conceived."
Genesis 27 Kill the Seed
27:42 Esau determines to kill Jacob.
Genesis 38 Birth Control for the Seed
- 6-10 God kills the Sons of Judah for their wickedness.
- 29 "therefore his name was Pharez".
- Luke 3:33 - the Seed was through Judah and Tamar
Genesis 42 Starve the Seed
- 41:57 severe famine
- 42:2 but Joseph, as a type of the Seed, had "died", and would appear
again providing bread and wine. (See Chapter 40)
Exodus 1 Abort the Seed
- 1:16 When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them
upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a
daughter, then she shall live.
- 1:17 But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.