[Apologetics] Southern Baptists Vote to Leave the Baptist World Alliance

Dianne Dawson rcdianne at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 17:18:43 EDT 2004

Another thing about the Southern Baptists, as well as most other ecclesial communities, is that although they are serious about Scripture they also ignore anything in Scripture that doesn't agree with what they believe.  Also, they take it bit by bit instead of all together.

Dianne

Art Kelly <arthurkelly at yahoo.com> wrote:
Bret,

You certainly make a good point.

However, the Southern Baptists--like all
denominations--have their own internal problems and
schisms.

Of course, John Kerry is a layman and does not speak
for the Church on any manner whatsoever. By the way,
Southern Baptists do NOT descipline THEIR members for
transgressions.

Cardinal Mahoney is another matter.

I haven't heard much about him in a good while, so my
guess is that the Vatican quietly and behind the
scenes corrected him on a couple of things and told
him not to get into any public disputes with EWTN's
Mother Angelica.

Catholic priests, bishops, and even cardinals
sometimes get "off the reservation," but the Pope will
let them know about it. If they don't mend their ways,
their are severe consequences that will follow.

No other denomination has a Chief Steward with the
authority that Pope has on doctrinal issues.

Art

=====
ART KELLY, ATM-S
13524 Brightfield Lane