[Pymilter] simple milter design needed

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sat Apr 3 12:57:53 EST 2004

just need to double check to see if I am barking up the wrong tree or if
there is an existing milter I can cannibalize

trying to put the camram hybrid sender-pays anti spam system
(www.camram.org) into a milter.  What I need at invocation is a list of
all recipients and the sender, and the message  passing through the
milter either the form of a string or a email.message object.  It would
be wonderful if I could find out what interface the message came in on
but I have a backup plan in case that's not possible.

on return, I would either pass the message back (modified) or nothing at
all (i.e. message has been spamtrapped).

is there any glaring problems with these needs?  Or will I have no
problem creating a wrapper bridging between the milter data model and
the camram data model?

---eric