[Pymilter] something odd I've noticed about the milter supplied wrapper to e-mail module

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Apr 21 17:26:56 EDT 2004

Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> any ideas why this is happening?

after a bit more research figured out why it's happening and it's not
pleasant (side effects at least anyway).  Looks like I'm going to need
to write out the entire message as a string, create a python e-mail
object (import by string) and reverse the process on the way back.

ugh..

don't know what's worse.  Combing some 6000 plus lines of source files
for places where I write to the e-mail headers for playing manual deep
copy games with potentially MB of messages.

might also try doing explicit type conversions in milter which might be
a not so ugly compromise.  Will think about it while I'm hunting spring
frogs.

---eric