[Pymilter] something odd I've noticed about the milter supplied wrapper to e-mail module

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Apr 21 21:50:40 EDT 2004

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> If there was a simple way to retrieve the value just stored, we could
> pass that on to sendmail instead.  Unfortunately, it is tricky to find
> the value we just stored when there are multiple headers with the same name.
> (I think the one we just stored would be the last in the list, but I'm
> not sure.)

the Message class __setitem__ is simply:
self._headers.append((name, val))

which means it is just storing a tuple so I suspect is some form of
string conversion on output that is doing the conversion I have come to
know and love.  I should probably investigate this a bit more to see if
it is doing exactly what I think it's doing and why.

> The other option is to duplicate the string conversion.  If wrapping with
> str() is all that is required, that is probably simplest:

probably not a bad idea.  I will experiment with this tomorrow and let
you know how well it works.

---eric

<!DSPAM:FC0FE990B227342170944159>