[Pymilter] other problems being chased

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Apr 23 09:49:47 EDT 2004

haven't gone back to the original milter documentation yet.  That's next
on the list of things to do this morning.

Camram is a different filter from most.  it associates filtering
information on a per user or per domain basis.  for example, you can
assign a given user complete filtering capabilities over domain.  You
can then exclude individuals from that domain aggregate filtering and
allow them to have their own filtering data sets (Bayesian, white list etc.)

when you are running camram filtering at the delivery agent level, this
is not a problem.  It works OK but when you start doing things at the
milter level, it gets interesting.  For example, if a message is
delivered to a at x.c, b at x.c, c at x.c and b,c have individual filtering, what
happens when c marks the message as spam and holds it back?  The answer
is unpleasant.  the filter needs to tell the milter to remove c from the
list of recipients.

now I am sure there is some way to do this.  And I will probably know
how to do it in about an hour.  But right now, I'm a bit puzzled.

is a similar separation on the outbound side.  stamping reveals
recipient identities.  Therefore, if you have a blind carbon copy, you
only want to aggregate stamps to those not on the blind carbon copy.
All of those who are on the blind carbon copy one individual stamps and
individual copies of messages.

it's amusing.
---eric