[Pymilter] Number of threads

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sat Dec 25 02:29:45 EST 2004

Hi,

my milter is experiencing a number of threads problem (thread_create() fails
after 1020 threads are created, on RedHat 7.3, Python 2.3.4). It seem to
happen in milter C code, not in Python milter class.

What can I do to diagnose the problem before too late?
It seems that spammers know how to DoS all kinds of milter
by making empty connects or something like that to overflow
the number of threads.

I'd liked to call a Python function to get the number of
already created threads and if the number is, say > 900,
stop accepting some connections.

Thank you!

Merry Christmas to all!

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi