[Pymilter] RE: You are correct, it is a bug (rejecting non-SRS)

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Jun 1 11:43:28 EDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Alex Savguira wrote:

> Thanks. I am glad we have come to the conclusion on it... I would rather have
> your term, I am on kinda unfriendly terms with Python, never actually studied
> it, or wrote a line of code in it, I can read it a bit, out of common sense,
> but still.. Would save me tons of struggling with improper indentation (this
> I figured out already ;0) etc...  Thanks

The latest CVS is now on sourceforge.  It is not released yet to make sure
all the loose ends connect, but that version of bms.py is running on
my system.

> P.S. I like your idea of doing the extra sanity checks on attachments, would
> you consider adding the simple content check for attached archives? Simple
> diverting of zip files containing the unsafe extensions type will be
> enough... Far too many viruses today send themselves zip-archived.  No fancy

Yes, that is straightforward in python, it already supports zip archives.

Since supporting the new email package in python2.4, there are bugs
in the attachment scanning.  Supporting earlier python versions seems
to require an alternate mime.py implementation.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>