[Pymilter] Howto for pymilter?

Henry Kwan lists at designmedia.com
Mon Dec 18 17:16:53 EST 2006

Hi,

After install Python 2.4, I went about installing the rest of the pymilter
RPMs but am having some problems.  These are the packages that I
installed:

milter-0.8.6-2.RH7.i386.rpm
pysrs-0.30.11-2.noarch.rpm
python2.4-2.4.4c1-1pydotorg.i386.rpm
python-pydns-2.3.0-1.noarch.rpm
python-pyspf-2.0.1-1.noarch.rpm

After editing bms.py and pysrs.cfg for the various options that I wanted,
I tried starting up the milter but got this in the log:

[root at beans milter]# cat milter.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bms.py", line 228, in ?
    import Milter.dsn as dsn
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Milter/dsn.py", line 19, in ?
    import spf
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spf.py", line 313, in ?
    import DNS  # http://pydns.sourceforge.net
ImportError: No module named DNS

Then I tried starting up the srs package and got this in the log:

[root at beans milter]# cat pysrs.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pysrs.py", line 153, in ?
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "pysrs.py", line 132, in main
    daemon.server.fwdomain = cp.get('srs','fwdomain',None)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'fwdomain' in section: 'srs'

Is there a HOWTO or more documentation that I can look at?  I'm running a
fairly vanilla CentOS 4.4 install with sendmail-8.13.1-3.

Thanks for all of your help so far.