[Pymilter] SPF timeout

Miguel Filho miguel.filho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:52:36 EDT 2008

Hello,

I use pyspf to verify SPF in my project[1] and works great.

Although, there is no parameter to set a timeout and limit for how
long pydns will try to resolve a name. Would be possible to add this?
I think just a global variable would be sufficient and use it on the
DNSLookup function. pydns default timeout is 30 seconds, and that too
high for a busy e-mail server to wait.

Another question: is there any plan to make the DNSLookup function
"modular"? I'm using twisted already and it would be very cool if I
could use only the twisted.names stuff for DNS, so it wouldn't be
necessary to have twisted AND pydns in the same code for the same
purpose.

Regards,

Miguel

[1] http://www.apolicy.org