[Pymilter] pymilter segfaults

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Dec 4 14:59:14 EST 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> I will try to get python2.5 installed on some production mail servers to
> see if that gives me the problem.  Since python2.5 tweaks the python
> C-API, it might pay to examine the C-API changes for possible effects
> on pymilter.

The two likely segfault inducing changes are:

1) http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/whatsnew/pep-353.html#pep-353
   Must use Py_ssize_t instead of int in many situations.  Can break
   working 2.4 code with 2.5 on 64-bit.

2) Changes to obmalloc means that PyMem and PyObject calls must be
   carefully matched.  This would break working (but incorrect)
   2.4 code on 2.5.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>