[Pymilter] pymilter segfaults

Michal Mach m.mach at uptime.at
Mon Dec 22 08:18:34 EST 2008

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Michal Mach wrote:
>

>> So i downloaded the older miltermodule.c module and recompiled the debian
>> package, but we still get the segfaults.
>>
>> I am attaching some pieces of output from logs when the segfault happens. It
>> seams that it happens when calling close methods from different threads one
>> after the other. But i don't now if this is the problem.
>>

> Is your python code calling the close callback?  It should be called by
> libmilter only.  If your python code calls the close method, then
> it destroys the milter context - which would lead to segfault when libmilter
> next attempts a callback.  This would be a bug - the callbacks should detect
> if the context has already been destroyed and throw an exception.

No, sorry i meant when the pymilter is calling the close method. I am
not calling any of the milter methods in my code.

>> 2008-12-03 05:50:49 [INFO    ] [1098918224] [Dummy-2] Called close for message
>> with id: undefined

>> 2008-12-03 06:41:12 [INFO    ] [1098918224] [Dummy-1] Called close for message
>> with id: 48BA2A36F
>>

> What is the id you are printing?

This is the id which i get when calling getsymval("i") in eoh callback.
When the method getsymval("i") dosn't returned
an id, i print "undefined".

<!DSPAM:11E5ED962321358625922167>