[Pymilter] Splitting milter into pymilter and bmsmilter

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Oct 23 22:31:04 EDT 2008

There are a number of projects using pymilter, and the bms milter has
gotten quite a big bigger than an sample milter.  :-)  So I want to split
the source into bmsmilter and pymilter.

I propose to create a new module called 'pymilter', and put the current
versions of the milter module and supporting libraries (Milter package)
into it.  I will not attempt to import history, since that requires a
support ticket at sourceforge.  Instead, I will create a tag before moving
stuff over and deleting from the milter CVS module.  Does this sound good?

Another option would be to create a branch for pymilter - this is
attractive conceptually, since splitting corresponds to branching, but I
don't think using branches for this purpose is common practice.  Does
using a branch to split milter sound better?

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>