[Pymilter] SRS for Postfix

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu.ac.at
Mon Mar 28 09:56:01 EDT 2011

Hi!

I am desperately looking for a way to implement SRS with postfix.

Currently, my best candidate was pysrs using a milter approach but
looking at the current CVS, there seems to be a problem with multiple
recipients...

http://pymilter.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pymilter/pysrs/srsmilter.py?revision=1.2&view=markup
-------------------- 8< --------------------
The logical problem is that a milter gets to change MFROM only once for
multiple recipients. When there is a conflict between recipients, we
either have to punt (all SRS or all no-SRS) or resubmit some of the
recipients to "split" the message.
-------------------- 8< --------------------

Is there any progress on this issue?
(I wouldn't mind using an all SRS or all no-SRS policy if resubmitting a
mail via milter is a big problem...)

Does anyone know of another way to add SRS support to postfix? (Maybe an
SMTP based content filter?)

Thanks,
--leo
--