[Pymilter] Re: Mail account filter

Stuart D Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Tue Mar 19 17:09:51 EDT 2013

On Mar 20, Tian Zhiying transmitted in part:

> Can you help me ?
>
> There is a demand about postfix :
> #My postfix version is 2.6.5 .
> #My domain is mydomain.com
> In intranet, I hope all mail account can send and receive e-mail,
> In internet, most of the mail account can not send and receive e-mail, but,
> have three mail account is not limited, they can send and receive e-mail.
>
> Pymilter can achieve this function?

If by "mail account on the internet" you mean an SMTP AUTH login,
then yes.  In fact, spf-milter-0.8.18 will do this for you out of the
box.  I am wrapping it up for upload now.  (0.8.17 was supposed to, but
the SMTP AUTH feature was copied without testing from the bms milter,
and of course it didn't work - there are now test cases for spf-milter.)

spf-milter defines "intranet" via the "internal-connect" config, which
provides a list of ips and subnets in CIDR notation.

I don't run postfix, so there *may* be some postfix limitation regarding
milters, but those have become fairly rare in recent versions.