[Pymilter] Dataproxy proxy in pymilter

Abhijeet Rastogi abhijeet.1989 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 03:43:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

Before wanting to have my answer, I need to understand how a milter
works. So, it it like when a new mail is in queue, one instance of
milter script is spawned for each mail?

I need to have a functionality like having a python object common to
all milter instances. The reason I want to do this is because I need a
persistent database connection to postgres to do some queries and
fetch data. Doing a connection connect, query fetch and connection
close each and every time in a function will be horribly inefficient
in my opinion.

For a case I like this, how is it done in milters? I've seem milters
that use remote servers for virus detection so we might have
functionality like that though I've no idea.

Hope my question makes sense. Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Regards,
Abhijeet Rastogi (shadyabhi)