[Pymilter] getting started with milter-template.py

Alexander Vowinkel lists at alexandervowinkel.de
Fri Nov 18 11:52:18 EST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to create a milter with this library and postfix.

First I used the milter-template.py for testing.
It is running an up:

> # python milter-template.py
> 2016Nov18 17:34:13 milter startup

Postfix is configured to talk to the milter on the socket:

> milter_protocol = 6
> milter_default_action = accept
> smtpd_milters = unix:/home/avowinkel/pythonsock unix:/var/run/opendkim/opendkim.sock
> non_smtpd_milters = unix:/home/avowinkel/pythonsock unix:/var/run/opendkim/opendkim.sock

Where /home/avowinkel/pythonsock is the socket, as defined in
the milter-template.py

> # ll ~avowinkel/pythonsock
> srwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Nov 18 17:34 /home/avowinkel/pythonsock

However, when sending an email via the server,
I don't get any output from the milter process
or any log entry in the mail.log

Any suggestions how I can get this to run?

Thanks,
Alexander