[Pymilter] Python3: how to proceed

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Sun Oct 16 21:46:54 EDT 2016

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016, Tom Hendrikx wrote:

> - created a virtualenv with python3.5
> - cloned the pymilter master branch
> - patched extension using 'patch miltermodule.c milter.patch'
> - ran 'pip install -e .'
>
> All of this was succesful
>
> Then I created a minimal milter runner that runs the builtin
> logging-only milter:

That should work.  But I'm just getting started testing
the py3 conversion.  I'm testing with python3.4 in CentOS-7 and
sendmail.  I'm getting a systemd service going and get an
error in xxfi_negotiate, gathering details now.

If it can't find getpriv, then obviously I didn't follow the insns fully
for the py3 context method table...

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>