[Pymilter] SRS documentation on sendmail: broken links

Stuart Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Mon Nov 13 11:29:24 EST 2017

On 11/13/2017 10:28 AM, David Friedlander wrote:
> What was not working for me was the combination of sendmail:
>
> mc file:
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`pythonfilter', `S=local:/var/run/milter/pysrs.sock')
> and running "pysrs.py" as the other end of the socket.
That's because pysrs.py is a socketmap daemon, *not* a milter.  That
explains your timeout.

> Overall, do I understand you correctly that I should be running _both_
> the milter and the socketmap instantiations, because they do different
> things (outgoing vs incoming)?
Yes, they both do different things.

Currently, the milter package (https://github.com/sdgathman/milter)
provides bms.py, the all singing all dancing do lots of authentication
things milter - and that is my only implementation of rejecting incoming
DSNs that lack an SRS signature.  You should be able to use it leaving
the other features disabled.  It (rejecting DNS sans SRS) could be done
via sendmail-cf and the socketmap, but I am not good enough with the cf
language.

I'll attempt to whip out an srsmilter.py that only does incoming SRS -
and let you try it out.