[Pymilter] SRS documentation on sendmail: broken links

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Mon Nov 13 16:34:26 EST 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017, David Friedlander wrote:

>> I'll attempt to whip out an srsmilter.py that only does incoming SRS -
>> and let you try it out.

> What is the srsmilter.py included with the pysrs distribution? :

I'd forgotten about that.  That is the attempt to do outgoing SRS using
the CHGFROM milter api.  The milter api semantics don't handle multiple
recipients with CHGFROM very well (any change affects all recipients).

> If (as per your above comments) this is a socketmap and not a genuine milter,
> may I respectfully suggest that defining the socket in /var/run/milter/ is
> quite confusing?

It's generally run with a milter.  It's only a socketmap because milter
semantics don't handle multiple recipients well.

> So, if I run both the socketmap pysrs and some sort of SRS milter (bms.py or
> srsmilter.py), I would naturally need to define them on different sockets to
> avoid clashes, correct?

Yes

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>