[Pymilter] Issue with spfmilter?

Harald Hannelius harald at iki.fi
Fri Mar 9 08:51:37 EST 2018

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Harald Hannelius wrote:
>
>> $ host f-medby.ita.mdh.se
>> f-medby.ita.mdh.se has address 130.243.84.223
>
> $ host -t aaaa f-medby.ita.mdh.se  # first void lookup
> f-medby.ita.mdh.se has no AAAA record
> $ host -t aaaa aaaa www.netigate.se  # second void lookup
> www.netigate.se has no AAAA record
> $ host -t aaaa smtp.quicknet.se		# third void lookup
> smtp.quicknet.se has no AAAA record

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by thinking that 'a'
corresponds to 'IN A' and that there would have to be an 'aaaa' also,
corresponding to 'IN AAAA'.

Funny enough, I'm running another milter 'spfmilter-2.001', and this one
doesn't reject mail because of this. It doesn't log anything though, only
"reject".

> Three strikes - theeeiiiirrrrr OUT!  (Sorry, American baseball.)

Hahaa :)

Many thanks! Have a nice weekend

--
Harald Hannelius | harald at iki.fi | +358505941020