Week 15 Quiz
The End of the Greek Kingdom
- Who did Antiochus III the Great attempt to use to control
Ptolemy V Epiphanes?
- How did that scheme turn out?
- Who defeated Antiochus the Great?
- Who did the Romans take prisoner to encourage submission of
Antiochus the Great after his defeat?
- How did Antiochus the Great meet his demise?
- Who was Antiochus' successor?
- What prisoner exchange does Rome make after Antiochus' successor
- Who was the "raiser of taxes" who stands up in the estate of Antiochus
- What happened to Antiochus' successor?
- How long does the tax collector rule? (11:20)
- How does Antiochus IV Epiphanes oust the tax collector? (11:21)
- What did people call Antiochus Epiphanes behind his back?
- How did Antiochus decide who to appoint as high priest for the
- How did Antiochus gain control of the southern kingdom as far as the
fattest places (Memphis) (11:23,24)?
- How did Antiochus gain control of the southern kingdom as far as Alexandria? (11:25,26)
- What stopped him when he returned to finish off Alexandria? (11:30)
- What did Antiochus do after his humiliation in Egypt?