Shadowland: Redemption: Week 21
Exodus 22: Property Laws
- 22:1 The penalty for theft, like guiding a toddlers hand,
also illustrated the cure for theft,
- 22:7,11 Today, we see this reflected in custodians being "not responsible
for property left in car".
- 22:16 The penalty for fornication is marriage.
- 22:18 A good idea of what is meant by sorcery is
2 Chronicles 33:6.
In 7:11, the sorcerers
were using a known trick with serpents, but the death penalty would still stand
as it was presented as supernatural.
- 22:19 Bestiality is the origin of many STDs.
- 22:22 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:
to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from
being polluted by the world.
- 22:25 Loan sharks are forbidden. This also suggests that an
interest free loan with no colateral is an appropriate form of charity.
- 22:28 Cursing the name of God carried a mandatory death penalty,
but not cursing the king,
2 Samuel 16:5-9.
- 22:29 The firstborn males were to be redeemed,
- 22:31 Does this prohibit eating fresh road kill?