Shadowland: Redemption: Week 28
Exodus 29: Consecration of the Priesthood
For we are a royal priesthood, a holy nation.
- 28:1 Aaron and his sons were taken from the people of Israel,
as we are elected.
- 29:1 The bull and the rams represent Christ's sacrifice to take
away the guilt and the power of sin.
- 29:2 The bread is constituted with oil, as Christ's humanity was
constituted by the Holy Spirit.
- 29:4 "brought to the door" - as Christ suffered once to bring us to God.
1 Peter 3:18
"washed" - as we are baptized and regenerated.
- 29:5 "clothed" - as we must put on Christ. All but the underwear is put
on them by Moses. We cannot work to make ourselves presentable to God
- He must do it for us.
- 29:10 The bull is the sin offering for intentional sins. By placing
their hands on the sin offering, they acknowledge their guilt.
- 29:15 The first ram was the trespass offering for unintentional sin.
By placing their hands on the trespass offering, they acknowledge
- 29:19 The second ram is the fellowship offering.
By placing their hands on the fellowship offering, they acknowledge
that they are set apart to and by God.
- 29:20 The Blood of Christ sanctifies our hearing, that we may hear the
voice of God, our hands that we may do the work of God, our
feet that we may walk in the way of God.
- 29:21 As Aaron and his sons were anointed with blood and with oil,
so we are washed in the Blood and baptized with the gifts of the Spirit.
- 29:24 "put these in their hands" - as our hands are filled with that
which is needed.
- 29:25 "take from their hands" - as we give back to Him what He has
- 29:31 We must partake of Christ to maintain the Spiritual life He gives us.
- 29:35 The seven days of consecration speak of the completeness of
our salvation, as in Christ we have been brought to fullness.
In this time, Aaron and his sons became accustomed
to the Presence of God in the Shekinah glory - so these seven days
speak of the whole of lives which we have to become accustomed
to the Presence of God.
- 29:38 As the morning and evening sacrifice are a daily practice,
so we must daily practice the Presence of God.
- 29:40 The wine speaks of rejoicing, hence Paul says "rejoice in the
Lord always, and again I say rejoice!"
- 29:45 "I will be their God" - there is a new relationship.
- 29:46 "That I may dwell with them" - this is the reason God brought
them out of Egypt. This is the reason He calls us forth from the