Shadowland: Redemption: Week 33
Exodus 34: The Renewal of the Covenant
- 34:6 Here God provides a list of attributes
- Yvwh, Yvwh, Elohim - according to Jay Mack, this is the only
place this construction is used.
- Compassionate - compare 33:19, "I will have compassion on whom
I will have compassion"
- Slow to Anger
- Abundant in faithfulness and truth
- Showing lovingkindness to thousands (of generations)
- Forgiving wickedness, rebellion, and sin
- Yet not acquitting the guilty
- Visiting the iniquities of the fathers on the children
to the third and fourth generation.
- 34:7 How can God forgive wickedness, rebellion, and sin, and yet not
leave the guilty unpunished?
- 34:21 Sabbath rest is required even, or especially, in the busiest
times of the year.
- 34:27 The covenant is renewed.
- 34:28 Again Moses is gone for 40 days. What would the people do
this time? Elijah and Jesus also did 40 day fasts. 40 days
without water is fatal in the natural.
- 34:33 Moses veiled his face so the people would not lose faith
when the glory faded.
2 Corinthians 3:7-18