[Apologetics] Fwd: Picket for Peace at Mega-Church Exposes Anger Within

bbellamy at mindspring.com bbellamy at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 1 07:37:57 EDT 2004

By me, at first take, this looks like more intercene Evangelical quarreling and jealousies toward John MacArthur than anything else.  I'll say this for MacArthur, he did provide some very thoughtful warnings of the dangers of the Charismatic stuff in "Charismatic Chaos".  He's no friend of us Catholics (or Eastern Orthodox or High Church Anglicans/Anglo-Catholics for that matter), but he did state in that book that a lot of Evangelicals had gotten fed up with all the faddishness and silliness and had left for the more liturgical churches - with the clear innuendo that he did not blame them.

Still, this looks like yet another intra-Evangelical rivalry with long-simmering resentments and jealousies frothing, rather like the Swaggert-Bakker-Falwell rhubarb right after the PTL club scandals in 1987-88.

Bret