[Pymilter] Number of threads

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Dec 27 13:35:40 EST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Roman Suzi wrote:
>
>> > Sendmail already throttles the connect rate, and as long as the average
>> > elapsed time of a milter thread stays under what sendmail expects, then
>> > there is no problem.
>
>> > I would focus on discovering what is making the milter threads take so long.
>

>In sendmail.mc, you should have a line looking something like this:
>
>INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`pythonfilter', `S=local:/var/run/milter/pythonsock, F=T, T=C:5m;S:30s;R:5m;E:5m')

I have these timeouts right now:

T=C:5m;S:1m;R:1m;E:5m

>Another solution is to increase the timeout in the milter definition to
>match your application.
>
>A third solution is to fix the application so it doesn't take so long.
>
>I would check the sendmail log for milter timeout errors - this should
>let you know which timeout sendmail is hitting, and either increase it
>or adjust your application.

It is usually this:

Dec 27 19:44:26 mx sendmail[11422]: iBRGhQSD011422: Milter (mymilter):
timeout before data read

And yes, probably milter does too much. I need to check that. It usually takes
4 s to process a message but sometimes I see 30 s and more.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3

<!DSPAM:10115CE9296162636540298983>