[Pymilter] Is project still active/alive?

John Villalovos sodarock at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 00:59:21 EST 2006

On 11/28/06, Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, John Villalovos wrote:
> > Is the Python Milter ( pymilter ) still active or alive?
>
> I still update things, and make releases.  Check CVS.  I am about to
> release 0.8.7.  The core milter module is very stable.  All the changes
> are about the bms milter application, and dealing with forgery, spam,
> clueless mail admins, etc.

Okay cool.  Thanks for the info.

> > Looking at the mail archives there is no activity after March of 2006 :(
>
> No one ever responded, so I gave up posting things - except I try to remember
> to mention releases.  Should I post about problems I am thinking about?
> Maybe you might have some ideas?

Well, since you asked :)  I have a few suggestions/questions.

1.  The RPM should not be called milter-*.rpm.  That seems to generic,
IMHO.  How about calling it pymilter-*.rpm or python-milter-*.rpm

2.  Why does the RPM install executables and stuff in /var/log/milter/
?  That should be a "logfile" directory.  Shouldn't a lot of that
stuff go in /usr/share/pymilter/, /usr/lib/python-milter/, or
/var/lib/pymilter/ or something like that?

3. Maybe change the RPM from Red Hat focus to Fedora focus.  Are
people still using Red Hat 9 or earlier?  Though a package for CentOS
or RHEL might be useful.

Thanks,
John