[Pymilter] Howto for pymilter?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Jan 3 20:45:15 EST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Henry Kwan wrote:

> this until now.  So I removed python-pydns-2.3.0-1 (along with
> python-pyspf-2.0.1-1 since there was a dependency) and installed
> pydns-2.3.0-2.4.  But when I tried to reinstall python-pyspf-2.0.1-1, I
> got a failed dependency error.
>
> "python-pydns is needed by python-pyspf-2.0.1-1.noarch"

Looking on my Centos-4.4 test system, it seems that I have both
python-pydns and pydns installed.  This is clearly an error in the RPM.
I got confused trying to make both versions, and didn't catch it when
test installing because I still had python-pydns installed.

Until I get it fixed, there is no reason not to have both pydns packages
installed - they go in /usr/lib/python2.3 and /usr/lib/python2.4 respectively.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>