[Pymilter] Howto for pymilter?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Jan 3 22:58:40 EST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Henry Kwan wrote:

> [root at boxen rpm]# /etc/init.d/milter start
> Starting milter: [  OK  ]
> [root at boxen rpm]# /etc/init.d/milter status
> milter dead but subsys locked
> [root at boxen rpm]# cat /var/log/milter/milter.log
> 2007Jan03 16:16:35 bms milter startup
>
> I have these packages installed on my fairly vanilla CentOS 4.4 box.
>
> milter-0.8.6-2.RH7.i386.rpm
> pysrs-0.30.11-2.noarch.rpm
> python-pydns-2.3.0-1.noarch.rpm
> pydns-2.3.0-2.4.noarch.rpm
> python2.4-2.4.4c1-1pydotorg.i386.rpm
> python-pyspf-2.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
>
> Something seems to be borked but I'm not sure where to look.

Hmm, looking on my production CentOS 4.4 box, I have:

milter-0.8.6-2.RH7.i386.rpm
pysrs-0.30.11-2.noarch.rpm
pydns-2.3.0-2.4.noarch.rpm
python2.4-2.4.4c1-1pydotorg.i386.rpm
pyspf-2.0.1-1.py24

Sorry, I didn't notice you *did* have both pyspf RPMs installed, and in
fact, I don't have both installed on my production system.

I also notice I didn't upload pyspf-2.0.1-1.py24 to sourceforge.  I need
to get pyspf-2.0.2 wrapped (minor bug fixes), but I'll just copy it up there
now...

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>