[Pymilter] Howto for pymilter?

Henry Kwan lists at designmedia.com
Mon Jan 8 19:54:52 EST 2007

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:58:40 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart at bmsi.com>
> To: Henry Kwan <lists at designmedia.com>
> cc: pymilter at bmsi.com
> Subject: Re: [Pymilter] Howto for pymilter?
>

> Hmm, looking on my production CentOS 4.4 box, I have:
>
> milter-0.8.6-2.RH7.i386.rpm
> pysrs-0.30.11-2.noarch.rpm
> pydns-2.3.0-2.4.noarch.rpm
> python2.4-2.4.4c1-1pydotorg.i386.rpm
> pyspf-2.0.1-1.py24

Hi Stuart,

Ok, I grabbed the new packages and started the milter .  I then edited
/etc/mail/pymilter.cfg and inserted the following into my sendmail.mc and
rebuilt sendmail.cf:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter', `S=unix:/var/run/milter/pythonsock, F=T,
T=S:240s;R:240s;E:5m')dnl

The milter seems to be running since I see this new header in my emails:

Received-SPF: none

But I have a couple of questions.

1.  The SPF DSN is sent at least once for domains that don't publish a
SPF.  How do I stop it this behavoir?

2.  Wiretap isn't working.  Or I don't understand how it's suppose to
work.  I have "mail_archive = /var/mail/mail_archive" in pymilter.cfg but
nothing ever gets dumped into /var/mail/mail_archive.

3.  The SRS part doesn't seem to work as whenever I try to start
/etc/init.d/pysrs, I get this in /var/log/milter/pysrs.log:

[root at boxen milter]# cat pysrs.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pysrs.py", line 153, in ?
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "pysrs.py", line 132, in main
    daemon.server.fwdomain = cp.get('srs','fwdomain',None)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'fwdomain' in section: 'srs'

Thanks.