[Pymilter] pygossip-0.2

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Jan 17 09:10:44 EST 2007

I released pygossip-0.2.

I am using it in production now with a local database.  In that mode,
it makes a fine addition to a content filter.  After too many
emails are quarantined (gossip score -50,2 or worse), we start rejecting
at MAIL FROM.  The confidence decays over time, eventually giving the
sender another chance.

I use one of the following identity qualifiers:

SPF     for SPF PASS
GUESS   for guessed PASS (so when they get an SPF record, they start
over).
HELO    when HELO is valid via RFC2821 (resolves to connect IP) or SPF.
x.x.x.x otherwise.

I have also been running the peer protocol between two servers.  But the
spam domain sets seem very disjoint.  There is no benefit so far as
neither has heard of the others domains.  When using the peer protocol, the
server end goes into a loop occasionally - apparently when a client
disconnects.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>