[Pymilter] pymilter segfaults

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Tue Nov 4 13:46:11 EST 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Michal Mach wrote:

> mimemilter.py[23082]: segfault at 0000000000000130 rip 00002acb089e8900 rsp
> 00000000410010f0 error 4
>
> Similar problem was discussed in this mailing list here:
>
> http://www.bmsi.com/pipermail/pymilter/2007-January/000143.html

Never heard back from that guy, so I assumed it was the mysql module.
(No one else has had the problem since.)

> Can you give me some suggestions what could be the problem?
> If you need more info please drop me an mail.

One thing to try is to get version 1.9 of milter_module.c from here:

http://pymilter.cvs.sourceforge.net/pymilter/milter/miltermodule.c?view=log

and rebuild milter.so ("python setup.py build" and move into place or adjust
PYTHON_PATH).  If the problem goes away, then that means that more than one
thread was accessing a milter ctx (maybe because of something libmilter does).
I'll document that and revert.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>