[Pymilter] Splitting milter into pymilter and bmsmilter

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Nov 12 12:57:35 EST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Daniel Black wrote:

> or a register()  function that takes a map of callbacks (again my python
> skills not strong enough to know if this is possible).

Nothing to do with python.  Libmilter requires that the C callbacks cannot be
changed once smfi_register() is called.  By hooking all the callbacks to
python functions, they are easily changed at any time thanks to the
dynamic nature of python - but we have to hook them all since we can't
predict what an application will need.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>