[Pymilter] Splitting milter into pymilter and bmsmilter

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Nov 21 15:44:30 EST 2008

I have checked support for smfi_chgfrom and smfi_addrcpt_par into CVS.
This requires sendmail-8.14, of course.

8.14 also provides xxmi_negotiate, which would be useful for the following:

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Daniel Black wrote:

> is it worth/are you interested, in moving the def envfrom/hello/envrcpt etc.
> functions to a subclass called MilterDebug. Then, after this separation,
> runmilter then can only attach binding for those that exist reducing context
> swtiching on busy MTAs (or x-network on remote milters). Is this desireable?

In reading the new APIs for sendmail-8.14, there is now an xxfi_negotiate()
callback.  This callback is made at the start of each connection,
and with it you may opt out of any protocol steps, thus reducing
the context switching as you desired.  There is probably a way for
python to figure out which callbacks are overridden, and automatically
negotiate only the needed protocol steps.  I haven't done this yet.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>