[Pymilter] Python spamd client and spamc-milter

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Thu Nov 3 13:33:19 EDT 2011

Hello,

I was looking for a simple way of integrating Spamassassin with Postfix,
I had a look at spamass-milter and honestly I didn't like it much. The
functionality it implements is simple but the implementation is quite
convoluted in my opinion and involves fiddling with mail headers (to
reconstruct the Received header, without much gained value IMHO) and
forking a new spamc process for each incoming message.

Therefore, I wrote a python spamd client (to avoid having to fork twice
on each request) and python implementation of a spamassassin milter
using the pymilter library. I'm not an expert on the topic, but the
code is very simple and does what I would expect in my testing.

The code is available in very preliminary form at:

http://dev.grinta.net/hg/pyspamc/

Is anyone interested in it? Should polish and publish it properly, or
the project has no value? Thank you for your comments.

Cheers,
--
Daniele