[Pymilter] Python spamd client and spamc-milter

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Nov 3 14:03:25 EDT 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:

> http://dev.grinta.net/hg/pyspamc/
>
> Is anyone interested in it? Should polish and publish it properly, or
> the project has no value? Thank you for your comments.

The general public is much more likely to use a milter (or anything else)
that does one thing and does it well.  Almost no one (except me) uses my
production milter (that does DKIM, GOSSiP, SPF, DSPAM, defang, archive,
wiretap, ...).  However, quite a few people use the much simpler spf-milter,
which only does SPF.

So I think your milter that does spamd, and only that, and does it well
would have a following.  As it is python, it is easy to add feature
bloat if they need it.

One of these days I'll get around to designing a plugin framework
where a single python milter process can combine a number of
do-one-thing modules.  Sendmail will, of course, compose multiple
milters, but there is limited communication between them (via email
headers only without heroic measures).

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>