[Pymilter] Python spamd client and spamc-milter

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Mon Nov 7 08:45:48 EST 2011

On 07/11/11 12:58, Jesus Cea wrote:
>> Therefore, I wrote a python spamd client (to avoid having to fork
>> twice on each request) and python implementation of a spamassassin
>> milter using the pymilter library. I'm not an expert on the topic,
>> but the code is very simple and does what I would expect in my
>> testing.
>
>> The code is available in very preliminary form at:
>
>> http://dev.grinta.net/hg/pyspamc/
>
>> Is anyone interested in it? Should polish and publish it properly,
>> or the project has no value? Thank you for your comments.
>
> I was going thru the same problem and the same solution (a python
> wrapper). Thanks for your code. I hope you keep it updated, properly
> released, etc.

Hello Jesus,

you are the second person expressing interest in this work. Therefore
I'll try to polish it and package it properly. Expect a release and a
Debian package soon (well, as soon as I'll find some time to work on it)

I have found some shortcomings in the current version of the milter, for
example the reject message is not properly customized, and I would like
to add some logging.

Any contribution is definitely welcome.

PS: this is not a wrapper but an implementation of the spamd protocol in
python. I do not have idea on how well it performs.

Cheers,
--
Daniele