[Pymilter] Milter.unknown - howto?

Stuart D Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Apr 27 13:08:52 EDT 2012

Long ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on 04/26/2012 03:34 PM, Todd Lyons
would write:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Larry G. Wapnitsky
> <LWapnitsky at ph.wrtdesign.com>  wrote:
>> I'm receiving unknown commands in my milters.  I have postfix checking for
>> bogus commands, but I'd like an end-all-be-all solution in the milter.  How
>> exactly does Milter.unknown work?
> In just about every instance of postfix milter issues I've ever
> watched others deal with, the symptoms always seemed to be cured by
> specifying which milter version to use in the postfix config.  Do you
> have any such setting?  What's it set to?  Google the opendkim mailing
> list archives for occasional discussion about this very thing.
I might have misunderstood, but this is about the xxfi_unknown callback
in the milter API.  This is invoked when the SMTP client invokes an
unrecognized (by the MTA) command, e.g. 'FOO'.   It is not one of those
problems caused by mismatch between libmilter and postfix.