[Pymilter] pymilter current state

Stuart D Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Mon Jul 14 13:14:21 EDT 2014

On 07/13/2014 04:59 AM, Christian Rößner wrote:
> this is my first post to this mailing list. I love to use pymilter for writing milters for Postfix.
>
> My primary questions are:
>
> - is pymilter still actively developed?
Yes, pymilter is still actively maintained.  I use it in production.  I
am the maintainer for pymilter.  The other modules used with pymilter,
like pyspf, pydkim, authres, etc have their own projects.

> - is pymilter running under Python >3.x?
>    - If not running under 3.x, how difficult could it be to port it? Is it possible to use 2to3 in some way?

I have ported the C module (import milter) to python3.  I haven't had
time to work on the python code.  2to3 might work.  I don't use python3
in production, so I haven't messed with it much.  Perhaps spfmilter on
python3 would be a reasonable starting project.