[Pymilter] Possible to use a milter for reverse SRS?

Melanie Dymond Harper mel at herald.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 18:03:36 EST 2019

Hi Stuart,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 05:58:00PM -0500, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019, Mark Himsley wrote:
>
> >Does pysrs.py replace pysrsfilter? In a later email you have a
> >sendmail.mc fragment which includes both, so I'm somewhat
> >confused.
>
> pysrs.py (with the sendmail.cf HACK) does both forward and reverse SRS.
> That is the pysrs package.  You must have both the socket map daemon and
> the HACK.

[snip]
> Besides SRS, you may want to reject unsigned bounces (bounce spam).
> Currently, only bms.py (the big complicated milter) does this.

Where can one obtain a copy of bms.py, please? I don't see it in the
pymilter repo on Github.

As a followup to our previous conversations, I think I now have what I
need working, that being a combination of pysrs/HACK and
spf-python-milter (with some help from Mark for the startup/shutdown
stuff)... as of about ten minutes ago. But getting shot of bounce spam
wouldn't necessarily hurt.

Cheers

Mel

<!DSPAM:168DEC12E2F242226557051>