[Pymilter] Just say OK to spammers

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Fri Jan 25 00:19:45 EST 2019

I came across this interesting video which recommends simply sending a
reply with "OK" to spam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq1uiinNM_Y

That is something a milter could do!  With a few caveats.  I'd rather not
reveal internal IPs by replying personally.  My idea is to have a separate
server, authorized to send mail for my domain by my SPF and DKIM policies.
I would manually decide when to activate "Just say OK" for a spam by
"bouncing" it to a special address (similar to current special addresses
ban at example.com and spam at example.com that my milter implements).  The
milter would add the spammer addresses to a list for the "Just say OK"
subsystem.  The automatic OK replies will not have any internal IPs from a
manual reply.  The milter will either reply by direct SMTP connection, or
only "localhost" would be shown as it feeds the reply back into sendmail.

Any comments?

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>