[Pymilter] Just say OK to spammers

Sami-Pekka Hallikas semi at hallikas.com
Fri Jan 25 05:50:17 EST 2019

Well, that was funny.

Before watching that video, I was thinking that you should never reply
or reject (NDR bounce) any spam mail.

But after watching that video that does not sound that bad idea :D ...
There could be few problems to implement it. Sometimes email address
that they want to be contacted is inside body of mail and you should
reply only on emails that triggers 'OK' reply.

But that was so funny idea that I think I must code it into my milter
code. :D

---
Semi

Stuart D. Gathman kirjoitti 25.01.2019 07:19:
> I came across this interesting video which recommends simply sending a
> reply with "OK" to spam.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq1uiinNM_Y
>
> That is something a milter could do!  With a few caveats.  I'd rather
> not reveal internal IPs by replying personally.  My idea is to have a
> separate server, authorized to send mail for my domain by my SPF and
> DKIM policies. I would manually decide when to activate "Just say OK"
> for a spam by "bouncing" it to a special address (similar to current
> special addresses ban at example.com and spam at example.com that my milter
> implements).  The milter would add the spammer addresses to a list for
> the "Just say OK" subsystem.  The automatic OK replies will not have
> any internal IPs from a manual reply.  The milter will either reply by
> direct SMTP connection, or only "localhost" would be shown as it feeds
> the reply back into sendmail.
>
> Any comments?

<!DSPAM:16884961385286967809774>