[Pymilter] Possible to use a milter for reverse SRS?

Melanie Dymond Harper mel at herald.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 04:51:42 EST 2019

Morning Stuart, everyone:

I'm in the process of testing an SRS setup -- we need to be able to
forward email for some customers from domains managed here to their own
email accounts. We have srsmilter working the way it ought to for
outbound mail, so far so good; is it possible to configure it to handle
returned (bounced) mail to SRS-encoded addresses as well? The
original SRS documentation seems to suggest piping that back
through a script, but the available scripts (e.g. srs2envtol.py) all
seem to have caveats of "DO NOT USE, BAD IDEA" (etc) and I'd like to do
it a "better" way if there is one. Sendmail and Debian involved.

Thanks

Mel